Saturday, April 10, 2010

I is for...Interests

I have a lot of interests. One of them is…Reading, I devour books, I don’t just read them. Right now I am reading 3 books plus the Bible. John Grisham’s The Appeal is so far a fantastic read, though I am only 76 pages in. Also, I am reading Susan Meissner’s A Seahorse in the Thames; an awesome read…this is my second time through. The characters in the book meet in a seemingly normal way but become involved in each others lives in a strange and captivating way.

Next is Elizabeth Gilbert’s eat, pray, love…So far so good, but again I am only 76 pages in. Hmmm…seems to be a pattern going here. The Bible is something I am reading constantly, not every day, or even every week, but continually reading throughout my life. Right now I am doing a new reading plan called The Survey Bible Reading Plan…I am on day 10, and it is an interesting way to read through the Bible I must say.

Another interest in my life is Crafts. I like to make things pretty and fun, like these flower pens here, and painted rocks here . I just like to be creative when the mood hits. My mom says she does not know where I got my craftiness from, because it certainly wasn’t from her (her words, not mine), but I think she is more creative than she gives herself credit for.


Movies are also an interest for me. My favorite movie of all time is The Wizard of Oz, followed closely by It’s a wonderful life, and any movie with Danny Kaye, Frank Sinatra in it.  Another great movie is Gone with the Wind, and The North and The South; I also love all of the old Shirley Temple movies. Some of my favorite more modern ones are, The Harry Potter Series, The Bourne Movies, and A few good men. I also like Sleepless in Seattle, as well as Hope Floats.


These are a few of my favorite things….la...di…da…da...da…di…da…da. I truly hope ya’ll enjoyed my post on the letter I. Now go on over to tossing it out and check out some more blogs!

13 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Enjoyed your post very much, it's always a pleasure to read your blogs.

Enjoy your week-end.

Yvonne.

Unknown said...

I love reading too. doesn't everyone? What? There are people who don't read for fun?

I started Under the Dome the other day, but it creeped me out. I should run over to the used bookstore today. Thanks for the idea!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Everyone's had such great ideas for "I"

B. Miller said...

Nice post! I don't get people who don't like to read... though several of my friends are like that. Technology is killing the printed word! GRRR!

Unknown said...

Great post! I love to read! Do you blog for books? Where companies send you free books in exchange for reviews. If your interested let me know. Love your blog layout. Have a good weekend.

unnamed lad said...

nice post. can't recall which author said it but:

you can't really become a good writer unless you're a good reader.

it makes sense to me...

Tori Cooper said...

How is the bible reading plan going for you? I'm going through the one year bible for women (NLT) I miss some here and there but It's great to break things down to smaller reading chunks! Thanks for sharing some of your interests!

Unknown said...

Wow Shannon! We really have a lot in common, well, except for the crafts part...I'm just not crafty at all! I do love to read, love the Bible and am a huge movie fan too. I did read 'Eat, Pray, Love' quite a while ago. I will be curious to see what you think about it when you're finished. I enjoyed it but was troubled in certain places because she seemed quite 'new age' to me and I didn't like all she was touting at times!

Have a blessed day!

Fifi Flowers said...

This A to Z challenge is INTERESTING!!!

Lisa said...

Great post, Shannon! I enjoy learning new things about my new blogging buddies. :)

Rebecca T. said...

Ooh... reading is fantastic! And Crafts! Yeah for fun interests... oh and movies. I've become a bit of a movie junkie recently. I like a bunch of the same ones you have listed!

Happy "I" day :)

Belbin9 said...

Reading is fantastic. You may like Nicolas Sparks books, especially The Last Song. Very emotional yet terrific!

Ella said...

I love all of your interests, I too, enjoy those as well~

Related Posts with Thumbnails