Friday, April 9, 2010

H is for...Hero's

Hero is defined as...a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal.


Jesus Christ...Died on the cross to save a wretch like me.
Soldiers...Anyone who fought or is fighting for my freedom, is a hero to me.
My Hubby...He is a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities. (According to dictionary.com) At least that is what his heroism is to me.
My Cousin...She is a single mom, works full time and is fighting cancer, that sums up courage to me.
My Mama...She has gone through a tragedy and come out the other side better off because of it.

I really wanted to talk about these hero's because they make my life worth living well.

Jesus Christ laid down his life for me, not only that but he took a beating, was spit on, and suffered enormously so that I could partake in eternal life.


Many soldiers have fought and given their lives for the very freedom I enjoy today, some are still fighting. Thank you just does not seem enough, so I try to support them at every opportunity.


My hubby has been there for me every step of the way in our marriage, but little did he know that the "in sickness" part would come after we had 4 small children to care for. He has stuck with me through it all, he worked full time and took care of the house, cooking when he had to, and of course taking care of me.


My cousin, is an inspiration to me. She is a full time single mom, works full time, and is fighting cancer...full time. She is truly a hero in my book.

My mama went through a heart wrenching divorce after almost 30 years of marriage. She was lost and fading fast in the beginning. I was the one to go in and pick up all the shattered pieces of her life and help her begin to put it together again. Her and I never were real close when I was a teenager, but this changed everything. Suddenly we were forced almost to put our differences aside and move to a different place in the relationship, she is now one of my very best friends, and one of my hero's.


Please go by tossing it out and check out all the other wonderful bloggers in the Challenge, you won't be disappointed, I promise. You never know, you might find a hero or two yourself.

24 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Those are the true heroes in life!

unnamed lad said...

since our armed forces are all volunteers...they truly are heroes. the "lifers" if you will have already pulled 4-5 tours in Iraq, Afghaniston, and the Gulf war. many are PTSD and every day in this country 2-3 are committing suicide because of it. it's nice to read this today because it gives one another insight to you.

you're right about Jesus being the First hero!

Andrea said...

Great hero list! Thank you for including the soldiers..my son is a marine reservist!
Blessings, andrea

Gregg Metcalf said...

Great list of heros. Loved your tribute to your mother! We miss her and all you guys so much! Hope you are feeling better.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A wonderful post about your hero's
Most touching to read.

Have a lovely week-end.
Yvonne.

B. Miller said...

Great post! I really enjoyed reading about your heroes. :) Have a great weekend!

Tabatha said...

loved your list.. thanks for stoppin by my blog.. im now a follower of you too :) and thanks for the blog compliment.. Im really trying... i just need a button and stuff... still learning

have a great weeekend.

Kelly said...

Aww this is a great H post. Awesome that you dedicated it to Heroes!

One Southern Girl said...

Thanks for stopping by Happily Southern! Following you back! :)

The Orange Crush Kitchen said...

Following you back from friday follow! thanks for stopping by!

Lisa said...

What a great post Shannon! I loved how you described what your heroes mean to you and why. Very inspiring.

Hugs,
Lisa

Grammy said...

Hi, Shannon!
A great post...so glad you wrote it. It reminds me of some heroes in my life. Thank you so much.
Best regards to you, Ruby

Arlee Bird said...

You've got some top notch heroes in your life and I'll bet they feel the same way about you.
I'll be mentioning your site in my "I" post on Saturday.
Lee
Blogging From A to Z April Challenge

Raquel Byrnes said...

Great list. Your cousin's plight plucked at my heart. She's in my prayers. Thanks for sharing.

Far Above Rubies said...

Passing by to say hello. Love your list of heros.

I'm following back.

God bless you.

Ella said...

You are a hero to your Mom! My hubby is my hero, he is in the Navy~

Great post!

Tonya said...

Hi! That's some good food for thought...our heroes. Got me thinking.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm following you now. Have a wonderful weekend!

Belbin9 said...

Awesome post! People in our lives can really be an inspiration to us. Even God. Although we will never feel good enough for his love and forgivness he gives it anyways.

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

Hi Shannon is "Dream Weaver" just stopping by for a visit and to say thanks for stopping over to mine. I love your hero's list and we have a lot in common. I'll be following and stopping by again.

Helga said...

I am following you back. Your blog is great and I look forward to reading more. Have a great weekend!!

Veronica Lee said...

Following your lovely blog on FF!

Tatum said...

Stopping by from FF & now following!!! I love your post!!
http://tatumsreviews.blogspot.com/

Natasha said...

I have to salute each one of those heros. They are all authentic heros for me.

~ Rayna

Tori Cooper said...

Wonderful to give honor to those heroes... just lovely Shannon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails