Thursday, April 8, 2010

Buzz...Buzz...Buzz...



Today I chose to do #5 in Mama Kat’s Writer’s workshop 4/8/2010. If you don’t know who Mama Kat is click here to check her out and hello, what planet do you live on? She’s awesome and very creative so go check out her site and have fun. Okay here goes…



#5.) Where does that fear come from? Write about something that frightens you that other people might find ridiculous. Write about it in a poem, a story, or whatever


I am extremely afraid of bees, birds, and even moths. I always have been, and I think it stems from a very traumatic experience I had as a child. My family lived in a huge house in Medford Oregon when I was very young, and we had a shed out back that was for tools and such. My brother was about a year and a half older than I, and liked to play tricks on me. We never went in the tool shed because hornets liked to make nests in there. One day my brother told me that mom and dad had cleaned the shed out and asked me if I wanted to go check it out with him, so I did.


Big mistake.


We got in there and were just hanging out when all of the sudden we heard a loud humming/buzzing noise, the next thing I know there is a huge cloud of black angry hornets coming after me. I screamed bloody murder and my brother wouldn't let me out of the shed.  I was screaming, he took off, we finally did get away but the damage was already done. I got into trouble for screaming but my brother did not get into trouble for tricking me. That memory has stayed with me my entire life and I have always been unreasonably terrified of flying insects and even birds.

12 comments:

Kierah Jane Reilly said...

After getting bitten by a bird I'm scared of them too. Your story made me upset that your brother never got in trouble for that. So unfair! Please tell me he at least apologized!

Unknown said...

My grandma & my sister are terribly afraid of birds too! My 6 year old knows his Granny is afraid of birds, so for her birthday last year, he went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of those little porcelein birds. Lol. He wanted her to get over her fear and thought that having a bunch of fake decorative birds in her living room would do it!

Shell said...

I would have nightmares from that for sure!

Unknown said...

Ok first I would have beaten my brother to death, then I could have been in trouble forthe right reason...

Shelley said...

Wow, how mean of your brother! My brothers did things like that to me too though so I guess it's normal? But still! And one of my brothers was chased down by some bees when he was a kid. He was wearing a bright orange shirt that I guess they liked. I always panic when I see bees and moths too!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! That's awful! No wonder you have such a fear!

Anonymous said...

I wonder, does your brother realize his trick left you with a life-long fear? Hopefully he apologized!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I am allergic to wasp and bee stings so I know how you must feel.
Enjoyed the read.

Yvonne.

Grammy said...

Hi,
What a stinky, sneaky thing to do! He should still be ashamed of himself. Did you ever get even with him for that ugly thing he did to you? I'll bet he has done other things to you, too!
I hope he reads your blog!
Best regards to you,
Ruby

Jami Balmet said...

Haha oh wow! Yeah I think that would be enough to make anyone afriad of them for life!!

Anonymous said...

no wonder you're scared now, how awful. eek! thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. :o)

Dee said...

Aren't brothers the best? LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails