Tuesday, April 6, 2010

E is for Eternity

Eternity is how long I’ll live
Even death cannot keep me
Eternity is God’s to give
In Heaven is where I’ll be


Eternity is defined theologically as, the timeless state into which the soul passes at a person's death. I don’t know about you but I am so excited to be counted with the saints who will live for eternity. A saint is classified in the Christian community as one who has been saved, or one who has accepted Christ as their Savior for those of you who have not heard the term saved.


I am so delighted, and even hysterical about living for eternity. People talk all the time about how they want to live forever, and I say, you can! Accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and your name can and will be written down in the Lambs Book of Life, and you will be counted among those who will live forever. You don’t have to clean up your life or get your finances in order, Jesus takes you as you are, because there is nothing you can do to deserve this gift, and there is no price you could offer to buy it either. It is the free gift of Salvation and requires only that you confess you are a sinner, acknowledge that Jesus Christ is God’s only son, came to this earth, died on the cross, and rose three days later. That is it! Confess, and believe then ask Jesus to be your Savior.


Oh how easy it is, yet the blessings that come with this eternal life are abundant indeed. I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you that with this gift of eternal life there are responsibilities that go along. For example, the gospels tell us of the great commission, go into all the world and preach the gospel (good news) even to the ends of the earth. If you find something wonderful and eternal and free, don’t you want to share it with your loved ones? I do, and that is why I chose this word for my E day. I don’t know all of you but I choose to love others as Christ loves me and I want everyone to know about this wonderful eternity I get to participate in.


Although there are some who don’t want to live for eternity, because they are afraid it would get boring, I have to say I don’t believe for one second it will be boring. Our minds will be able to learn continually, we will be made perfect, imagine all there will be to learn when this earth we live on becomes the new heaven? The possibilities are going to be endless, our minds will no longer be finite, and they will be able to learn infinitely for eternity! I so hope you enjoyed this post, May God’s face shine upon you all today and beyond, and may he give you joy so abundantly that you are forced to give some away to others.

14 comments:

Lisa said...

What a wonderful post for the letter "E".

I hope that someone that hasn't accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior happens on this post and does just that. The Great Commission is what it's all about. Sharing what we know so that others might also know. And live for ETERNITY! :O)

Have a blessed day,
Lisa

♥ Brittany Ciara ♥ said...

You are one awesome lady, Shannon. Life truly has 2 options... Eternity in Heaven with the Lord, or Eternity in Hell. God bless you!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I can't imagine Heaven will be boring. Of course, until we get there, we really can't imagine it at all!

Julie said...

E for Eternity, is wonderful. If we believe we have an eternity to live with out Lord Jesus Christ. Love it.
Thanks for sharing. Off to read a bit more letters.
Take care my dear, God Bless!!

Gregg Metcalf said...

Great Post Shannon. I have been preaching for 38 years (off & on) and could not have said it better.

I know, that due to Christ's atoning propitiatory work I will live forever in the presence of my God! And with you and innumerable others!

B. Miller said...

Nice post. Your love for the Lord really shines through in this one. :)

Rae said...

I found a card once that said: "I had no concept of eternity... until I knew I would love you forever."
Encouraging and uplifting post. Thank you.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful and insightful post for the letter E!!! Look at me only coming up with Eeep and Eden, LOL!!!

Thanks for following me! I'm now doing the same!! I love this challenge and look forward to seeing what you continue to come up with!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

And how glorious it will be!!!

Ey Wade said...

This is the knowledge that keeps me pushing through life's struggles. The knowledge eternal life is so much better and God has prepared a place for me.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A wonderful "E" blog. it was so pleasurable to read. Thank you.

Yvonne.

Unknown said...

WOnderful Post!!! Thanks for sharing with us!

I'm glad my eternity will be with Jesus!

Yamini Meduri said...

wow..nice write up..!!!

Wanda said...

No greater decision to make than where one chooses to spend eternity.

Related Posts with Thumbnails