Friday, April 9, 2010

Survey Bible Reading Plan Day 10

Yesterday we read Ruth 1-4, the story of Naomi and Ruth.  Today our reading assignment is 1 Sam. 7-10, 12

In Ruth Chapter 1 we read about how Naomi's husband Elimelech dies leaving her with his two sons who married Orpha and Ruth. After 10 years both men died leaving both their mother Naomi, and their wives alone. Naomi tried to send them both back home, but only Orpha left. 

 Ruth refused to leave Naomi and here is where we find the famous quote..."Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me."

Then in Chapter 2 Ruth meets Boaz one of her kinsman-redeemers, and finds favor in his eyes.  The two eventually marry and conceive Obed, who was the father of Jesse, who was the father of David.  Little did they know who's lineage they were in.  Talk about your family line...wow!

Today's inspirational quote...

Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

-Joshua J. Marine

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails