Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Survey Bible Reading Plan Day 7

Today’s reading assignment is Joshua 1-6 and 23-24 you can click here to read it. Now yesterday we read Deuteronomy 5-8, 28-31, and 34 and you can click here to read it if you missed it.



This was an interesting read, we got to read about The Ten Commandments, the driving out of the nations, Not to forget the LORD your God, Blessings for obedience, Curses for disobedience, Renewal of the covenant, Prosperity after turning to the LORD, and on and on until we get to the death of Moses.


I have to say I did enjoy reading about The Ten Commandments. It is always nice to refresh your memory once in awhile, isn’t it! I like how in chapter 6 Moses reiterated that they were to love the LORD their God and to fear Him so that they would live long. 4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. I just love this passage; it leaves no room for confusion.


The next part is about driving out the nations. Here is what the passage says; The LORD did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples. But it was because the LORD loved you and kept the oath he swore to your forefathers that he brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt. Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.


I want to go directly to this last part about Moses dying. Here is what it says in the last verse; Since then, no prophet has risen in Israel like Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face, 11 who did all those miraculous signs and wonders the LORD sent him to do in Egypt—to Pharaoh and to all his officials and to his whole land. 12 For no one has ever shown the mighty power or performed the awesome deeds that Moses did in the sight of all Israel. Wow, to have that said about him, must have been wonderful for Moses. He saw the LORD face to face and lived to tell about it! Notice how it says; yet his eyes were not weak nor his strength gone. Moses was still relatively healthy; it was just his time to go be with God. How awesome is that! I hope you are enjoying our journey through the highlights of the books of the Bible, I certainly am.


Today’s inspirational quote is...


"If you judge people, you have not time to love them."
- Mother Teresa

Let me just say this is a lot to read every day so if you are wanting to take it a bit slower that is okay with me, I decided last week to only do this Monday-Friday, giving us the weekend to either get caught up or just take a break.  I will still be posting everyday but don't feel you have to do this on a time schedule, do it in your own time, the important thing is to take it all in and if it takes you 122 days to do it, that is okay.  Blessings to you all on this fine day, don't forget to leave me a comment or two as I love to hear what you all have to say.

4 comments:

Rae said...

In my quest to read the Bible in a year, I recently read about the Ten Commandments and the trials of Moses.
I think that is what is lacking in today's society: Obedience to God.

Unknown said...

I haven't been able to keep up with everyday on your blog. But I really enjoy reading your thoughts on this study you are doing. I wish I wasn't already involved in BSF and so pressed for devotional time. I may come back and revisit these links in the summer months though!

Bless you!

Andrea said...

Reading daily helps me stay focused.
Blessings,
andrea

Tori Cooper said...

Great quote by mother Teresa... :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails