Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Is there a hole in your sidewalk?

I found this and thought to share it with you, my friends.  Enjoy!


CHAPTER ONE
I walk down a street and there's a big hole. I don't see it and fall into it. It's dark and hopeless and it takes me a long time to find my way out. It's not my fault !


CHAPTER TWO
I walk down the same street. There's a big hole and I can see it, but I still fall in. It's dark and hopeless and it takes me a long time to get out. It's still not my fault.


CHAPTER THREE
I walk down a street. There's a big hole. I can see it, but I still fall in. It's become a habit. But I keep my eyes open and get out immediately. It is my fault.


CHAPTER FOUR
I walk down a street. There's a big hole. And I walk around it.


CHAPTER FIVE
I walk down a different street.

-- Portia Nelson

7 comments:

♥ Brittany Ciara ♥ said...

Life is a process of trail and error! I'm like this all the time in real life... it takes me FOREVER to find the right way to do something!
Am I really the first commenter on this?! I'm excited!!! :)

Tori Cooper said...

Thanks for sharing Shannon! It's cute! I like it a lot!

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Brings me to mind of the movie Forest Gump. "My momma always told me that life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get."

Interesting post. God bless, Lloyd

Bernadine said...

What a cute story for such an important lesson! And doesn't it seem like its those simple choices that seem to get us sometimes. :)

I really enjoyed it. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Haha! Great little story. I love it.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Can I just start at Chapter Five and avoid the hole all together?

family of 4 on the move! said...

LOL I was totally picturing myself falling in the hole but the only difference with me is I pictured myself sitting there wondering why no one was helping me out then getting myself out! Yes I have issues! Anyone?!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails