Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chicken Curry With Rice

I am sharing with ya'll a lovely chicken recipe from my sister-in-law..hope ya like it!

Chicken Curry with Rice

1& 1/2 cups long grain white or brown rice
1& 1/2 TBSP. butter
3 cups water
1/2 tsp. salt

Bring the water, butter and salt to a boil.  Rinse the rice and add to the water.  Boil on low for 50 minutes (brown) and 20 minutes (white) with the lid on.  Take off of the heat and set aside.

Use one of the following:
4-5 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
4-5 Breasts with ribs-skin removed
1 Chicken-cut up, skin removed

Next:
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup honey
2 TBSP. prepared mustard
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. curry powder

Rinse chicken and place in a 9 by 13 pan.  In a small bowl melt the butter, add the honey, mustard, salt and curry powder and stir well.  Pour over the chicken turning it to coat both sides.  Bake uncovered and turn once or twice during cooking.

Bake at 325* for about 1& 1/4 hours in a glass pan
Bake at 350* for about 1& 1/4 hours in a metal pan

Serve the rice and chicken in separate dishes.  Then spoon sauce over the chicken and rice on your plate.
Serves 4-6..Enjoy

8 comments:

Greg C said...

I could do this recipe. You should join us next week for Thankful Thursday.

Andrea said...

Yummy...thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Chicken Curry is amazing. Love it.

Glad you enjoyed the escape at my place today. I am now following you back. See you soon for Friday Follow!

Lynn

AiringMyLaundry said...

Yum!

Thanks for sharing.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Ohhh yummy! I wonder if I could get the boys to eat this. Thanks my dear :)

Alexandra said...

Oh, love how easy this recipe is!! great idea. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend, and hope you're feeling good.

Amy J said...

Yummy! This sounds good! When can I come over and have some?? LOL

Dee said...

Oh my, that sounds good. Thanks for linking it up for us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails