Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Thinking About Writing...

  
I have been thinking about doing some more writing on my book.  It has been put away for several months due to writers block and life in general, but last night I suddenly got the urge to write some more. It's time.  


Writing takes so much patience, time and of course ideas...it just seems so daunting to me.  I will have to go back and re-read everything and get back into the books mind frame, and even as I sit here now it almost terrifies me. What if I can't do it? See, already I am doubting.  No worries...I can always put the pages back into the notebook and forget about it again...but then I may never finish the darn thing.  Some-days it seems that the ideas come to me in droves..then other days, not so much as a trickle. Why is that?  It's probably life that gets in the way, yes I'm pretty sure that is it.


If any of you have any writing tips I would welcome them for sure.  After all I am new to this whole writing thing and can use all the help I can get.

I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I feel it not. I believe in God even when He is silent. *Written on a wall in a concentration camp*

post signature
© 2012 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Go ahead and reread part of it - the story will come back to you, I promise!

Rob-bear said...

Don't think about writing; just do it. Do it for the fun of the thing.

I have several novels written in my head. I will probably never bother to put them on paper. I have way too many other things I want to do.

Blessing and Bear hugs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails