Monday, March 19, 2012

Seize The Day


Well the sun didn't come out today much...it was stuck behind huge walls of grey and ominous clouds...but it was there in theory.  I ran anyway.  I figured it wasn't raining so why not, and I did.  It wasn't the easiest run and by that I mean my legs just weren't in it.  I ran 3-4 times this weekend so they were tired...but they did it, and for that I'm grateful.  I seized the day, so to speak.


Last night as I lay reading a great Kindle book called "The Ways Of God" by Cherie Hill, I found quite a few nuggets of wisdom and highlighted them all.  I promise to try to limit how many I feel I need to share with you...

The first one is a verse found in Proverbs 16:9 NLT "We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps."  It seems that every time I make plans and get them well...all planned out, God steps in and re-arranges everything. Does that ever happen to you?  Bet it does.   Just when I think I've got it all figured out, God steps in and says No you don't.  You see Gods ways are higher than ours...Isaiah 55:9 says so.  See God wants us to trust Him not ourselves, and sometimes that means letting us free fall right to our knees in helplessness.


There is a passage in this book that goes like this..."To us, our situation looks hopeless, but the place of hopelessness is where God can show Himself powerfully in our lives. What we find, as we wait on God to reveal His will, is that often times He only reveals Himself. In our continued suffering, our question of "Where is God when I'm hurting?" turns to a question like, "Where is God when it doesn't stop?" And what we find is that God is at work in our lives...He never sleeps or slumbers (Psalm 121:4) through our hopelessness He's drawing us near preparing us to make a decision...Wow, and then the question becomes will we trust Him? (The Ways Of God ~Cherie Hill)


So in our hopelessness we find ourselves just where we need to be, at the foot of our Heavenly Father.  At least that is where I'd like to think I will go.  Sometimes I find myself there and other times I try to fix the situation all by myself.  Not such a wise choice and it often brings more pain and needless suffering.


This is the last highlight I will share with you..."Faith is the footbridge that you don't know will hold you up over the chasm until you're forced to walk out onto it." 

 It's easy to say we trust God and that we have faith, but we really don't know until we are put to the test.  Whether we are facing a serious situation or something not so serious, we find we have a decision to make, do we rely on, trust in and have faith that God will see us through or do we try to figure it out on our own?  I hope we give it to God, He's so much more capable than we are.


Let me leave you with this quote from Francis Chan. "Right now you're standing on this giant ball that's spinning at a thousand miles an hour! And while it's spinning, it's flying around the sun at 67,000 miles and hour! That's crazy!"  Don't you think if God can keep the universe in motion, then He can be trusted with our lives and problems?

Thanks for stopping by...May your day/eve be a blessed and joyful one. 

I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I feel it not. I believe in God even when He is silent. *Written on a wall in a concentration camp*

post signature
© 2012 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Shannon:

Thank you so much for your sweet comments and encouraging words. I, too have not been getting around the blog world as much as I would like.

Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
andrea

Rob-bear said...

Seems like you're in a different space from yesterday. I trust that's good.

Blessings and Bear hugs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails